All inclusive vacations can offer the perfect combination of no planning required and easy travel with all the necessities already taken care of. Many people daydream of these upcoming trips and how they will get to lay on the beach or by the pool, sipping on a drink and reading a book. However, for others this sounds like a nightmare as they can't sit still. No need to worry, this list of over 40 activities to enjoy at all inclusive resorts will provide you with ideas of activities for your upcoming travels!
- Resorts typically offer daily organized activities! These can be held in the pool, on the beach or anywhere else on resort and can include a long varied list such as:
Water games, water aerobics, aerobics, soccer, volleyball, basketball, darts or other sports games, salsa or other dance classes, Spanish or other language classes, yoga, stretch classes, ping pong, chess and trivia games.
- Animation Teams on resorts are also there to help keep your stay pleasant and fun! They usually have nightly shows (from Men vs Women Games Night and various dance and song shows, to Karaoke; we've seen some truly amazing shows!!) and various other events throughout the week.
- Resorts offer a diverse option of organized tours, so if you want to get off resort with that type of arrangement for the day, they'll have such opportunities as Jeep tours, catamaran days and tours to visit nearby cities. Keep in mind the price of these is usually quite high!!
See if your reasons to travel to an all-inclusive fall into our
7 reasons why we think you should consider going to Cuba!
- Music groups are sometimes hired by resorts to provide entertainment in the lobby daytime or in the evening, which makes for a nice relaxing atmosphere or for a great spot to practice those salsa steps learned earlier in the day and socialize with others!
- You can do your usual activities that you would do at home. From reading, to going to the gym or walking along the beach, as long as you're equipped to do it (and that it's safe and legal), go for it!
- If it's safe and you're comfortable with it, consider going off resort and exploring nearby locations! Varadero (Cuba), for example, is a typically safe location to go and explore the markets, scenery and local restaurants in the daytime. This is usually the highlight of most of my all inclusive vacations as you get to see and sometimes even experience the culture of the country and interact with the locals!! There are also bars and nightclubs at night, but be careful as we have met many tourists who had gone out without being careful and came back to the resort empty pockets and all (especially after having enjoyed multiple mojitos during the night!).
- Some locations offer discos on resort, so when the entertainment is done and most people have gone to bed, you can go dance the night away without being very far from your room!
- Most resorts also offer the choice to borrow some of their supplies in order for you to organize your own games. We've seen borrowing opportunities vary from sports equipment, to board games and card games and books. On the beach there might also be free limited time and frequency rentals of kayaks and paddle boats. If you don't see any of these, just ask the front desk and they will certainly help you locate them if they are offered at your hotel!
- Should you happen to be traveling with younger children, some resorts offer kid's pools, playgrounds, and even at times have babysitting services available! These vary widely depending on locations so please ensure to look into this prior to booking your vacation if it is important to you!
Wanting some more information about Varadero? Have a look at our
quick visitor's guide for Varadero.
- Finally, if all these activities aren't enough, why don't you go and spend some quality time with the people with whom you're traveling! Get to know them better, spend some time talking, away from electronics (ideally!), you never know what you might learn!
As mentioned above, there are endless possibilities of ways to keep entertained and active throughout a vacation in the sand and sun! Just make sure that whatever you decide to do is safe, and don't forget to clarify if there are any additional fees prior to utilizing the equipment so you don't have any negative surprise at the end of your stay!
Now, go pack your bags for a great vacation. And don't forget to take advantage of these over 40 activities to enjoy at all inclusive resorts!
*Please keep in mind that services offered do vary based on the specific resort, city and country being visited. If you have precise questions or concerns please contact the resort directly. Only participate in activities that are safe to do so, and recognize any risks that may be involved.
Looking for beaches in Canada? Check out these 6 must see beaches in Nova Scotia!
Budget Travel Blog: Tips and tricks for affordable vacation planning. From cheap hotels to cheap flights and everything in between, prioritizing safety and comfort.
The Dime Travelers
It’s time to ditch your misconceptions about cheap travel and join us on our blog as we show you safe and comfortable ways to travel on a budget. We will guide you through the process of trip planning and share with you what we have learned from our own travels. Our advice and reviews come from personal experience and will offer easy to follow tips and tricks to make your vacation a positive experience you'll want to have again and again.
Let's make your travel dreams come true!