Are you heading to an all inclusive resort and concerned regarding how you will stay safe during your vacation due to your dietary restrictions? Food allergies can create additional stress while traveling, and that is why we've created this short, to the point list of steps you can take to help ensure your vacation is nothing short of amazing!
- Explain to the people with whom you're traveling specifically what are your allergies, how your reaction presents and what treatment you may require if contact were to occur. Also make sure that you know where you travel insurance information is located (if traveling with someone whom you trust with this information, also share this with them).
- Locate nearest hospital and resort medical services (if available); know the hours of these services.
- If possible, carry your medication around with you (be careful though, as some medication require specific storage criteria, such as cool room temperatures, no sun or no shaking (all of which isn't possible to provide if spending the day on the hot beach!)
- Also bring your printout of a sentence explaining your allergies in the language of your host country (comes in handy when no one seems to understand English and you want to ensure food is safe to eat before diving into your plate!)
Heading on an all-inclusive vacation and looking for inspiration on things to do? Have a look at our list of things to do at all-inclusive resorts!
- Bring sealed snacks with you from home or grab some at the resort in case you can't find anything safe to eat at some point during your day, then at least you won't go hungry. Identifying grocery stores or restaurants off resort can also offer more options for safe food.
- Resort restaurants:
Thinking of heading to the Carribeans for an escape? Check out our 7 reasons why you should consider going to Cuba!
Keep in mind that since all allergies and circumstances are different, then the approach to traveling with allergies should be modified according to specific needs. This is a short list of basic ideas, but we would love to hear your ideas on the subject, so make sure to add them in the comments.
Now go pack your bags and have a great vacation!
Budget Travel Blog: Tips and tricks for affordable vacation planning. From cheap hotels to cheap flights and everything in between, prioritizing safety and comfort.
The Dime Travelers
It’s time to ditch your misconceptions about cheap travel and join us on our blog as we show you safe and comfortable ways to travel on a budget. We will guide you through the process of trip planning and share with you what we have learned from our own travels. Our advice and reviews come from personal experience and will offer easy to follow tips and tricks to make your vacation a positive experience you'll want to have again and again.
Let's make your travel dreams come true!